- Square feet to be cooled
- Number of windows
- Direction which your home faces
- Number of people in the home
Is your home's central air conditioning unit an energy hog? If it’s more than 12 years old, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the answer is most definitely "yes." In fact, the EPA says that today’s ENERGY STAR qualified models can cut your annual cooling costs by 30% or more, meaning a new system could actually pay for itself in less than five years.
And, there has never been a better time to upgrade your central cooling system. Today’s ultra-efficient units have much higher seasonal efficiency (SEER) ratings, which means they cost much less to run. They also use less energy, which helps us reduce our carbon footprint. Additionally, customers who have taken steps to seal their home’s air leaks -- commonly found around windows and doors, in attics, basements and crawl spaces -- will often find that they can replace their existing cooling and heating equipment with smaller units, resulting in even more cost-savings.
Things to keep in mind when considering a new central air conditioning system:
- Calculations on the cost of any AC system should go beyond the initial purchase, to factor in the monthly usage cost as well as the "comfort value" to your home.
- Higher efficiency systems will reduce your energy consumption, resulting in lower energy bills.
- Proper equipment sizing is very important – a system that's too large will cool your home too quickly, and one that's too small will not get the job done.
- An improperly-sized system will also add stress to, and shorten the life of, your equipment, and increase your cooling bills.
Our Comfort Specialists will evaluate your home’s current comfort conditions, assess your present and future needs and review your budget to make sure that you select the proper equipment that will provide you with total home comfort.
Call Federal Energy today at 855.721.2468 to schedule your free, in-home cooling system evaluation, or fill out the form below and someone will contact you promptly.